Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas in Colo

Christmas in Colo with the Peakin side of the family was great. It's always so fun to have Tyler, Leah and Tate all together...especially now that Tate can kind of be a part of the fun since he's a bit older now and mobile! Aside from the fact that I had not yet gone to the doctor and I had a case of pneumonia and bronchitis brewing and didn't feel great, things went perfectly! After the kids went to bed, the adults stayed up and played Trivial Pursuit. We got beat badly by Pat and Linda and then headed to bed. The next day, I woke up even more miserable than the day before and we decided that I should go to the doctor instead of to our Christmas gathering with Sean's Dad's side of the family in Ames. I was feeling horrible and also didn't think it was a good idea to expose more people to my illness. Because it was Sunday, I had to go to the Urgent Care in Ankeny on the way home and we were there FOREVER! I think it was about 2 1/2 hours after arriving there that we were finally leaving. I was happy to get some strong cough medicine and antibiotic and couldn't wait to get home to get some sleep! We were sad to have missed the Christmas gathering, but it was definitely the right choice for me to go to the doctor since it turned out that I had pneumonia and bronchitis! It's amazing how the medicine worked so quickly because I was feeling so much better in a matter of only 36 hours! Here are some pictures from our Christmas in Colo...

Tate loved the ornaments on Nana and Papa's Christmas Tree!

Tate was such a great helper distributing all of the gifts to everyone! :)

Tate with Aunt Sarah

Photo sessions with several young children can be unpredictable to say the least! We attempted to get a good photo of all three of Nana and Papa P's grandkids...things started out pretty well...

then things started to go downhill...

Tate was not into the photo session.

"Mommy, please stop taking pictures of me!"

It just went from bad to worse when Tyler joined in on the crying!

Tate with Nana and Papa P.

No comments: