Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Eve

I think I am on my way back to health. I probably shouldn't post this too quickly and jinx myself, but today I have been feeling much better than I did these last 2 days. I am still definitely not well, but at least I have gone without a fever today and my coughing isn't as bad as it has been these last 2 days. Hopefully I will just continue to get better and will be feeling like my normal self in a few days!

We had a wonderful Christmas gathering with my extended family today. We went over to Baldersons' house and gathered with many family members, chatted, ate lots of soup and other goodies, watched the kids play and just enjoyed some family time. Tate was pretty tired around 9:00 and so was Bode, so we decided to head over to Chris and Brenda's and put Tate down in a pack and play over there so that we could hang out a while longer and play some games. It was a good time and at about midnight, we decided to head home. For the first time EVER, we opted to NOT take Tate with us!!!! We just couldn't bear to get him up and take him home in the cold weather when we were going to go back over to Chris and Brenda's as soon as he woke up tomorrow so that we could have Christmas breakfast...we kind felt like that was pointless. Nonetheless, this is huge for us as we have never been away from him for a single night! I am not sure that it counts as 'officially' leaving him over night though because we were the ones that put him down, we will be back there by the time he wakes up in the morning and we are only about 5 miles away from him. We know that all he is going to do is sleep, so we're not too worried. I am counting it though...we waited almost 15 months to leave him with someone for the night! I must say though, it feels weird not having him in the house tonight...kind of empty. Call me crazy, but I really do kind of miss him even though I wouldn't be spending time with him if he were here anyway since he'd just be sleeping.

Tomorrow morning, Tate will get to dig into his Christmas stocking and see what Santa brought him! I am looking forward to seeing him do that since he was way too little to understand what anything was that Santa brought him last year!

1 comment:

sarak said...

Merry Christmas Peakins! I'm glad you are feeling better!
We will be in touch soon!
Sara