Friday, November 02, 2007

Back to the nap situation

Seriously, I need to get this nap thing figured out!

Tate takes a great morning nap everyday. He does not sleep well in the afternoons, however. There has been several times that I lay him down and he doesn't ever go to sleep. He doesn't necessarily cry, but he doesn't sleep. On a few occasions, I have left him in there for an hour or longer and he's never gone to sleep. Then when I got him out, he was fine...not whiny or tired acting. Probably 3 out of the 7 days a week he will actually fall asleep for an afternoon nap. I know that as he gets older, he will need an afternoon nap, but he doesn't even act tired in the afternoons most of the time. In the mornings though, he is so tired within 2 hours of waking up that he goes to sleep immediately when I lay him down. Should I eliminate his afternoon nap and then just gradually push back his morning nap? I don't know what else to do. I hate putting him down for an afternoon nap everyday when he doesn't usually sleep for it.

3 comments:

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I accidentally deleted, my last comment!
You may just have to take it day by day. I remember Bode's transistion from 2 naps to 1 wasn't overnight. Some days he needed 2, other days he got by on one until eventually he had a new schedule. Tate will let you know!

Anonymous said...

Jordan's niece only had a morning nap for a couple of months when she was about 1. Then they were able to push it to later and later each day and she was then taking an afternoon nap instead.