Sunday, October 21, 2007

I don't know...

I don't know if I can do this 1 nap thing. Tate is miserable in the mornings from about 9:15 until I put him down at 11:15. He just can't wait until 11:15...he doesn't eat lunch well because he's so tired and whiny. I think I am going to have to keep with the 2 naps for a while. I just hope that his whining before his afternoon nap was just a fluke and he'll go back to taking more than 25 minutes in the afternoons. I really don't think he's ready for only 1 nap. I just don't feel right keeping him up when he's that tired. My doctor said that it was a bit early to switch to 1 nap when I went to his 1 year appointment. He said that most kids still take 2 naps for a few months after their 1st birthday and that Tate would let me know when he was ready to go down to 1 nap. So, I think we're going to go back to 2 naps for a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennie, Olivia was 2 when she went to one nap and 4 when she went to no nap, so you have time. Hope he is beating that bug. Poor little thing. gale

Anonymous said...

yep, you just have to read his signals. if he's that tired, he's not ready for one nap. brigg took 2 until about 18 months. lani on the other hand was down to 1 by one year and no naps at all at 2. freak of nature!

Anonymous said...

Yep, Sully and Lauren both took 2 naps until at least 18 months. Sullivan just gave up the mornign one.
Can you make his morning nap really short? That helped Sully a lot. Then he still took a great afternoon nap.