Monday, September 10, 2007

Praise Baby Fanatic!

As I have mentioned several times before, Tate LOVES his Praise Baby DVD's. I actually love them too! I love listening to the music on them! :) Anyway...Sean requested my meatloaf (his favorite) and cheesy potatoes for his "birthday dinner" tonight. Tate is in the process of cutting his 2 top front teeth and his been exceptionally whiny these last couple of days. Now that he is so mobile, he can be at my heels tugging on my legs wanting to be picked up. Well, I knew I was about ready to be digging my hands into some raw meat amongst other things I had to do to get our meal prepared, so I wanted to find something to keep Tate occupied. Sean was at the hospital meeting his patient that he starts working with tomorrow, so he was unavailable to entertain Tate. First, I put him in his highchair and gave him some puffs (which he LOVES!), but I only wanted him to eat a few puffs and with the way he shovels them in, he could eat half a container of them in about 5 minutes flat! As soon as he was finished with the ones on his tray, he would whine until I gave him more. Well, this clearly wasn't going to work for the extended period of time that I needed to have him occupied. So, I did what any other wonderful mother would do...I plopped him in front of the television! I am not the biggest advocate of putting a child in front of the television for extended periods of time, but I felt I had no other choice. So I wheeled Tate's highchair out into the living room right in front of our television and put in one of Tate's Praise Baby DVD's and went to work in the kitchen. IT WORKED! He didn't make a peep! I won't be making this a common practice, but it was a life saver for me this evening! :)Look how excited he was to watch Praise Baby!


Little sweetie!
View this montage created at One True Media
Praise Baby Fanatic


Here is the video of Tate watching his Praise Baby DVD. I think it's pretty funny how zoned he gets while he watches it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love his face when he realizes you are in the room with him!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love Praise Baby! Ava loves it, too. I have to admit, as well, that when I've needed to get something done I've done the exact same thing. I have tried cooking dinner and giving her those same finger puffs. She lets out the loudest shout letting me know she wants another!
Great moms think a like at times!

Love,
Lora