Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Not Again!!!

So Tate has had a cough since a few days before his 9 month check up which was on July 9th! We took him to the doctor at the end of August and he thought Tate could have asthma and/or allergies and gave us some Singulair to try for 10 days. If he didn't improve, he told us to come back and we'd try something else. Well, he didn't improve. So today we took him back and again our doctor was stumped as to what the problem may be. He ended up scheduling and appointment for Tate to get a chest x-ray at Blank Children's Hospital tomorrow to make sure he doesn't have pneumonia again! Ugh! He said that if he doesn't have pneumonia than he wants to start treating Tate for asthma with regular nebulizer treatments...ugh again! I hope it's neither, but we will soon see. Other than his cough, Tate hasn't been feverish (aside from his low-grade teething fevers) or anything. In addition to this, Tate has a nasty Rota Virus like bug that has been causing him to have severe diarrhea for the last 24 hours. It is SO STINKY and his bum is so sore! Poor baby! As usual, he's still as smiley as ever...even when I can smell his stinky diaper from across the house! I am not kidding, I was walking down the hall to get him up from his nap and I could smell his poopy diaper down the hall even with his door closed! It is pretty gross! So when we find out if Tate has pneumonia or not, I'll update!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm so sorry! I hate poopy diapers! Hope he is feeling better soon.