Monday, August 20, 2007

New Routine

Today was the beginning of a new routine in our household. Sean has had the luxury of having a break from school for the last couple of months. He tends to be a morning person and I tend to be a night person. Our routine lately has been that I can stay up late at night and get my blogging, email and anything else I need to do done. It's kind of my "me" time. He has been so wonderful to let me sleep in in the mornings while he gets up with Tate and has his special time alone with Tate in the mornings. He never left for work until later, so that's what worked for us. This has been great because I do not go to sleep easily at night and sometimes lay in bed for hours before finally being able to get to sleep. It was nice to be able to sleep in when that happened! :) Well, today Sean started his new job and he had to be at work at 7 a.m, so that means that I will be getting up earlier than usual! He is only going to be working these early hours for 2 weeks and then he starts working later hours to accommodate his school hours that are in the mornings. So still, when his work hours are later, he will have to get up early for school. So, I bought some new coffee yesterday and woke up to Folgers in my cup! I definitely needed the caffeine considering I have been used to sleeping in a few hours later than 6:30 a.m.! I was spoiled these last couple of months, but it is back to reality! :) It was really nice to have my time alone with Tate this morning though, he is so happy in the mornings! Well, I guess he's pretty much happy all of the time!

I am so proud of Sean and all of his hard work! He will be done with this portion of his schooling in less than 2 years...only 4 semesters! I know that time will fly by! It's been tough on him because I know that he would love to have more time to be home without having homework!

This weekend was jam packed and I look forward to a pretty low key week. I have a couple of peoples' hair to do and if the weather holds up (looks like rain this week) I plan to take Tate for a walk around Grey's Lake sometime this week and on Thursday we may try to go to the Valley Junction Farmer's Market. I didn't want summer to end, but I am starting to look forward to the fall...football, sweatshirts, blankets, the smell of chili cooking and the feel of the breeze through the open windows! I love fall!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I certainly don't like this rainy cloudy stuff at all!! I want the rest of my summer days to be bright :- ( I missed water aerobics yesterday and looks like I may tomorrow too!! UGH! Hope you get to take Tate out for that walk... he needs some fresh air and sunshine :-)