Thursday, June 21, 2007

Our Little Genius!!!

So I may be a bit biased (okay, I definitely am! :)), but our son could possibly be a genius! In the last 24 hours, he's learned 3 new things. He now knows how to clap at the appropriate time. He's known the clapping motion, but he just did it randomly, not when we were cheering at him for doing something good. He didn't really understand that whole concept until today. Also, he said his first word and his second word today! Well, the second one isn't really a word I guess, but I am counting it! His first word was "hot" and his second word was "boo". When we say, "Tate, say...hot", he repeats (sometimes) "hot". When we say, "boo" to him, he repeats back, "boo"...and then we get all excited and he claps and cheers with us. It is so cute! He doesn't know what hot means, but who cares, I am counting it as his first word! :) Also, tonight he ate Puffs for the first time. He picked it up and bit it in half and sucked on it and then ate the other half after that! I know, I may be getting overly excited about these accomplishments, but I can't help it, I had to share! I have to give credit to Cathy for teaching Tate how to say, "boo" though. It was all her doing! Thanks Cathy!

Click on the link below to watch Tate saying his first word and clapping! Listen closely, or you may miss it! It's possible that all you'll hear is me saying, "YEAH...GOOD JOB!!!" I was obviously pretty excited :)

View this montage created at One True Media
Tate's First Word

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT I do think he knows somewhat of his mimicking... that's how they learn, by example!! Sets us up for a pretty tough job at times, don't you think?!! :-0... :-)

Anonymous said...

The video of Tate is awesome! It is so exciting when they learn something new! I have to say I think he could be a baby genius:) My favorite part is when he claps. Tate and Ava are going to be so much fun in Florida! I can't wait!!!

Give him a big hug and kiss for Ava and I!!!