Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blessed!!!

Well, tonight began our fun family weekend. Everyone is in town to celebrate Tate's dedication and we all gathered at a hotel to hang out. We had the pleasure of meeting more of Tate's birthfamily. Brandon came and brought his mother, step father and his grandfather. It was so amazing spending time with all of them and meeting them, they are truly amazing and wonderful people. We are feeling SO BLESSED tonight and can't wait until Tate is able to see how loved he is! It makes us feel so blessed as well to have all of these new members to our family. They all really do feel like family to us and we look forward to more memorable times with them.

God is so amazing...His perfect plan is unfolding before our eyes and we are really feeling His presence in all of these special moments. I know I have said this so many times before, but I am SO thankful that I am not in control of my life and that He is! He has given us a life that is so different than we would have ever given ourselves, it is a life that is so much more fullfilling than I ever could have imagined! Brandon's family said how much they appreciated us inviting them to come to Tate's dedication, but I hope they know how appreciative we are for them! What a blessing it is to have them be a part of Tate's and our lives...we are honored to call them an extended family!

Tomorrow, Tate will be dedicated. We pray that he will grow into a man of strong faith and always look to the Lord for guidance. We will pray for him daily and guide him as best we can, but we know that his life is in the Lord's hands and that He has a plan for Tate. Just like I am glad that I am not in control of my life, I am glad that I am not in control of Tate's life either! The Lord can much better handle that job than I can...so I will let him!

I will post pictures from this weekend soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, God is SO GOOD!!! :-)