Thursday, February 01, 2007

Poop

Okay, before Tate, I never would have dreamed of ever a way that poop could end up on my face. AND, if it did, I don't know how I couldn't have gotten sick at the sight. I had poop on my face today...I SERIOUSLY don't know how it got there, but it was there for hours, it had to be. Tate had a poopy diaper at 3ish and I just went into the bathroom and was like, "is that mustard on my face?" I looked closer and realized I haven't eaten mustard for weeks...yup, it was poop. I always wash my hands after changing a poopy diaper and I can't believe that I touched my face before washing my hands, but I must have. And might I add that the poop was dangerously close to my mouth. To make the story even more odd...it didn't even gross me out that bad. I was a little shocked, but at no point did I gag or anything. In fact, I just laughed. Wow, motherhood has changed me!

7 comments:

Sara said...

That is too funny! I haven't had it on my face YET. Until today, the Gripe Water seemed to be making a huge difference! Craig picked it up from Cassie in the mailbox, since Lani has been so sick. We will get the money to her so she can get it to you. I started giving it to Jack on Tuesday am. Tuesday and Wednesday, he was a different baby. Today has been a bad day. He hasn't taken good naps at all and has fussed all day. I hope that it passes and tomorrow is like Tuesday and Wednesday. Thank you for the advice!

Jennie Peakin said...

GOOD!!! I am sooo glad it's working for you! You know, Tate still has a bad day here and there too. I think that's normal, but it definitely has made him have way more good days than bad. I am so happy that you think it's working. I give it to Tate in every bottle (he eats every 4 hours), so if you're not giving it to him consistently, I recommend it. If you are, well then he probably is just having a bad day and it will pass! I have been thinking about you and wondering if it was working for you. I have another friend that I told about it and she started using it on Sunday and said that her daughter is a different baby now too! I am telling you, the stuff works! :)

Anonymous said...

And I thought it was bad that as I sat in a meeting, I noticed Olivia must have wiped her nose on my shoulder. I think the poop is worse! Yuk! Ryan gets easily grossed out, especially for a guy and a father. I won't tell him your new nick name is Poopie Face!

gale

Cassie said...

gale, i remember you changing livi's diaper at cathy's and getting poop on your finger and then wiping a strand of hair off of your forehead and instantly you and carolyn were SCREAMING. i was laughing and laughing and eventually you laughed, too, but the tears were rolling down your face. i thought for sure when you commmented that was the story you were going to tell!! oh the memories...

Jennie Peakin said...

In response to Lora and James:
Tate's poo is DEFINITELY not odorless...in fact, after I changed his diaper, I kept smelling his bum because I thought he had pooped again because I kept smelling poop! Now I know why I kept smelling it! I am such a ditz!

Eric and Pam said...

Only a bunch of moms can talk this long about poop. :)

That story is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Boy, Cassie, you have a good memory! I don't remember that at all, but maybe I didn't remember for a reason. Yuk! Yuk! Yuk!

gale