Monday, February 05, 2007

4 Month Appointment

Tate had his 4 month check up today. He got 3 vaccines from shots and one orally. He did as good as can be expected with the shots. :( Poor thing! With the oral vaccine, the nurse said he did better than any other baby she's given it to. He sucked it down like it was his lunch. Apparently, babies usually spit it out I guess.

Anyway, he is in the 60th percentile for weight at 16 lbs. even. His length and head were both in the 90th percentile! His head was about 18 inches! His length was 27 inches. Our doctor said that his head was almost off the charts! Ha. Well, he has to have a big head to hold that big brain of his, right?!

He is sound asleep now and I hope he stays that way for a while so that he doesn't have to feel his sore legs. :( He did really well, but it breaks my heart to have him looking right at me smiling as they stick him in the legs. His tears were flowing almost immediately. As soon as I picked him up, though, he stopped crying, so I would say he did just fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I told Brigg he was getting his shots today and he said " ohhh oh, that is going to huurrrrt!!" He was right. :-( Hope he doesn't feel too bad.

Sara said...

I hate the shots too! The first time, I got very teary as I watched. Craig held Jack. Since we started the Gripe Water, he goes right to sleep for naps and at night. He really doesn't like to be rocked very much at all. He would rather just lay in his bed. He is doing so well. Thank you again so much!

Jennie Peakin said...

No problem! Isn't that stuff amazing?! Every mother should know about it! :)