Thursday, January 25, 2007

My baby's back...

Okay, so whoever stole my baby and replaced him with one who sleeps through the night, decided to give my baby back. Last night, Tate cried for a while, as I reported in a previous post. Although, after going back to sleep, he decided to wake up and cry for nearly an hour in the night. He ended up going back to sleep and sleeping 6 more hours though. Now, he has decided that he doesn't want to take naps...SO, I went in to get him becuase he had just woke up from a super loooooonnnnnngggggg 15 minute nap and when I walked in he smiled at me and as soon as I picked him up, he closed his eyes while laying in my arms! He is a little stinker. I rocked him for about 15 seconds and layed him down again and he immediately began screaming...so, I decided to let him cry it out because he is TIRED! He had been crying for about 15 minutes until about 30 seconds ago (literally while I was typing that last sentence) he finally silenced and hopefully is now sleeping. I am praying that he'll get a decent nap in. I had sooo many plans of things I was going to do today and errands I was going to run, but I guess they'll have to wait until tomorrow. I definitely don't want to break this "routine" we're trying to establish!

ps...I just checked on Tate and he's not sleeping yet. :( He's just talking to himself in his bed. I think he may drift off soon though...hopefully.

8 comments:

Beckysblog said...

Stick to your guns! He's testing you!

Sara said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Cassie's and enjoy reading your blog because our son Jack is just about the same age as Tate. We are going through all the same things you are right now. When I read your posts, they could be ours. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do either. It is wearing me out! Today was a little bit better day. I'm hoping this is a phase and things are going to gradually improve! Hang in there!

Jennie Peakin said...

Sara,
You hang in there too! It is so hard isn't it! Hard, but also wonderful. :) I am looking forward to adding you to my list of blogs to check. Maybe in reading each other's blogs, we can help each other! How old is Jack?

Anonymous said...

Oh Tater tot.... these years of bugging mom are just beginning... :-) You little stinker!! Good thing you are so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sara said...

Jennie,
Jack will be four months old tomorrow. He was born on September 27, but his due date was October 20. Everything I read says to go by their due date which would make him just over 3 months developmentally. We went to the doctor this week, and were told that he thought it was acid reflux so we are trying Zantac. We'll see what happens. Last night wasn't very good. He's taking a nap right now!

Jennie Peakin said...

Zantac didn't work for us, but I HIGHLY recommend Gripe Water. It is amazing and my doctor said it was fine to use. You have to get it at a health food store that has that "all natural" type of stuff. I am coming to Muscatine this weekend and can go buy you a bottle of it and bring it this weekend if you want to try it. When I started using it it worked within 20 minutes! It is a MIRACLE that I think every mother should know about! If you are not comfortable using it at this point, I understand, but just thought I would offer. Also, you can do a google search on it to learn more...it's all over the internet. Let me know! :)

Sara said...

They might have Gripe Water here at Hy Vee in the organic food section. I will look tonight. Thanks for the info!

Jennie Peakin said...

I am not sure if they have it there or not, but I keep an extra bottle on hand, so I'll just bring it with me to Muscatine and if you want a bottle, I can leave it with Cassie to give to you. Just let me know if I should leave it with her after you check at HyVee. The brand is Baby's Bliss.