Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Okay...this is a BIG deal!

 
Tate usually HATES his swing, so I gave up on it about 2 weeks ago. I just figured he would never like it. Today, I was looking at my list a mile long and one of the items was to finish the Baby Book Scrapbook pages that I had started from Tate's Baby Book. I wanted to have the majority of his life up to this point documented so that I could show the book to Brandon (Tate's birthfather) when he comes on Saturday. SO, I decided it had been 2 weeks since Tate tried the swing and it was worth another try. As you can see in the photo, he liked it! He was happy and cooing and smiling for about 1/2 an hour in the swing before I looked over and saw he had fallen asleep!!! It's a miracle! I put a blanket around him because I wanted him to feel cozy and he's been sleeping in there for 40 minutes now...that means he has been in the swing for more than an hour! This is a huge accomplishment for him considering he couldn't be in it for more than 2 minutes without crying just 2 weeks ago. This is only the 3rd time that he's gone to sleep on his own without being in someone's arms or in his carseat. Hopefully this is a new trend and he'll be able to play in there more often! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh baby.... so sweet!! Looks cozied in and resting well!! Praise be for those precious moments when they are so happy and content!! :-) See you tomorrow!! :-)

Jennie Peakin said...

Can't wait to see you guys!