Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Baby Shopping!

 
Well, no new and exciting updates on the adoption process at this point. Although, Mom was in Des Moines the last couple of days and we did some serious shopping!!! Big surprise, huh! Ha. :) It's definitely our favorite past time. It was exciting shopping...we got fabric for baby bedding! I am soooo excited for everyone to see what our baby bedding is going to look like! I know most of you won't be as excited about it as Mom and I are because we are pretty excited about it! It was so much fun to go to the fabric stores and come up with all different kinds of ideas. Since we don't know if we'll be getting a boy or a girl, we had to do something unisex. The main colors for the nursery will be aqua and kind of a lime/apple green color with a little bit of yellow in the mix! We got some really fun fabric and Mom is having someone in Muscatine make all of the bedding for me. Also, we bought a few items of clothing for the future Peakin. Again, we had to get unisex items, but due to some fantastic sales, we got a few gender specific items "just in case" we get a boy or girl. It was so much fun! Each new thing we purchase makes the reality that we will be parents a bit more real. Sean got really excited this evening and said, "the clothes get me more excited...I can't wait to see our baby in them!" He's so cute! It's so much fun doing all of this. I had purchased a few items here and there, but now there are a lot more signs of a baby laying around the house! :) We were told that it could be a matter of just a few weeks before we get a baby, so we should begin to purchase some things...so that's the go ahead for me! I hope I don't get too out of control! :) ha... More than likely it will be at least of few months before we get a baby. We'd love to have a little one at Christmas! So as long as it's by then, we'll feel that we got one pretty quickly. We will remain patient regardless of whether we have one by then or not. We know that it will happen in God's timing, not ours. We just hope that's sooner rather than later! :) Thanks, Mom for a great last 2 days! I appreciate all you do sooo much! Hope all is well with everyone and I'll keep you posted on any news! Posted by Picasa

No comments: