Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I thought the date was for Tate...

...I thought it would be good for him. It was. You know what? I think it was even better for me! Really, it was a blast! It made me feel like I need to take more time to spend with Tate...focus on him. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day stuff that I blink and a month has gone by and I feel like I've hardly spent any time with Tate! We ran around and played like children...both of us! We went to Incredible Pizza. Tate ate like a horse, it was amazing. He hugged me about 20 times and flashed my the "I love you" sign and kissed and said I love you to me constantly. On the way there he said, "I am so excited to get to spend some time with you!". Ummmm, so sweet! He's heard me say that several times over this last week since we planned our date night.

We talked and talked and laughed and danced to the music that was playing and skipped around the whole place and held hands and just had the time of our lives for about 2 hours! I loved it as much (if not more) than him!

I mentioned that Daddy might take him on a date next. At first he said, "no, I only want to do dates with you, mommy", then out of no where a bit later he said, "maybe Daddy can take me on a breakfast date to IHOP"...Ha! He is too cute!

Can't wait for another date night with my little Tater Tot!

No comments: