Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Birthday Tradition

When I was a kid, my mom would wake me up in the morning on my birthday by bringing me a gift. I loved it, I'll always remember it. I wanted to continue this with my kids. This is the first year I felt really 'got' the idea of opening gifts. So this is the first year I started this tradition. It was also not how I imagined or planned it in my head...what really ends up working out the way you always thought anyway, right?!! Ha. So Tate had a terrible night the night before his birthday...TERRIBLE! He had a night terror and was screaming bloody murder and was completely inconsolable. It was awful...so bad that I started crying because I didn't know what to do to calm him down. Long story short, we ended up in the living room...Tate on the love seat, me on the couch. So he awoke on the couch the morning of his birthday.

Here he is getting his gift about 1 minute after he woke up...

Later in the afternoon, we gave him a couple of other gifts. We only had Christmas wrapping paper, so that's what he got...he didn't know the difference!

He was excited about his monster bean bag toss game...

He also loved his big box of "fake food"...

Tate is such an Iowa boy...eatin' (fake) corn on the cob and dawning his Hawkey sweatshirt...

It was a pretty low key birthday at home, but we had a great time!
I cannot believe our son is 3!

No comments: